A fabulous legal firm in the Providence area is looking for a Trust & Estate paralegal to join their new team. This is an exciting time to join the expanding group. This role is supporting two very successful, busy partners. They are looking to have this person join asap!
We are looking for 1-3 years of T&E experience preferably, could be flexible for the right candidate.
- Handling all aspects of trust and estate administration
- Maintaining checkbook and banking record
- Paying bills, and computing and disbursing beneficiary distributions
- Transcribe and edit correspondence, documents, memoranda, and project work in the production of legal documents. Carry out instructions from tapes, verbal and/or handwritten materials. Compose routine correspondence for attorney signature.
- Computing and payment of executor and trustee commissions
- Preparation of formal and informal estate and trust accountings
- Marshalling assets and arranging for valuation as necessary.
- Receive, screen and route incoming telephone calls, conference calls and messages to attorneys, clients and staff promptly. Assist callers as appropriate in attorney’s absence. Refer callers to other attorneys and respond to inquiries when appropriate.
- Assist other attorneys or staff in performing secretarial functions as requested or needed.
- Perform other functions as requested or needed.