This is an exciting opportunity for a staff accountant to support our Senior Accountants in inventory related accounting! This will be working for a well established b2c company that has been around for decades!
As a member of the accounting team, you'll take ownership and become an expert in your accounting area, understanding the process end to end. The staff accountant must have an exceptional analytical background with the ability to clearly communicate and present information. This individual needs to have excellent time-management and organizational skills, a creative and problem-solving mindset, and have a go-getter attitude.
The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of the mission.
- The role will specialize in inventory cost accounting, bridging the gap between the operations and inventory management teams and the accounting team, and will manage the financial control over inventory, including maintaining and analyzing standard costs, reviewing inventory adjustments, and analyzing inventory valuation
- Perform monthly close activities related to inventory, including reconciliation of GL to sub ledgers across all locations and entities
- Maintain standard costs of inventory, including the standard purchase price of all purchased and the bill of materials for all manufactured items, including those manufactured outside of the system
- Analyze inventory aging reports and review potentially excess and obsolete inventory, and maintain proper inventory reserves
- Assist with the monthly financial close, including entering journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and maintaining supporting schedules
- Assist with year-end audit, including compiling requested information and preparation of various analysis reports
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed Skills
- BS/BA in Accounting or a related field, CPA preferred
- 2-3 years of accounting experience, preferably with a mix of public and private experience (bonus points for experience at a high-paced startup)
- Retail and/or Consumer product industry experience is a huge plus