Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Looking for a part-time role? We have a fantastic opportunity to be part of a family-friendly, awesome firm. 20-30 hours a week! Tons of room for growth!!!
Make your own hours
About the job
Primary Objective: Working with Sales, Inventory Control, and Manufacturing to coordinate all shipping functions. Will also assist with moving equipment to make space on the manufacturing floor, loading and unloading vendor trucks as needed, and using company transportation to deliver and /or pick up parts from local vendors.
Key Job Duties
- Schedule appointments with carriers and prepare bills of lading for TL and LTL shipments.
- Report quantity discrepancies and defective materials
- Maintain shipping records such as goods returned, returnable pallets, customer bulk, dunnage, etc.
- Coordinate and perform skidding, preparing/cleaning equipment for shipping, loading of machines for shipment
- Prepare and ship customer orders via FedEx, UPS, or DHL on a daily basis
- Move and transfer materials, parts, and machines to proper locations on the plant floor.
- Manage the supply of shipping materials
- Maintain the Shipping work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications:
Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED Required.
Knowledge/Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of various forms that are used by major freight carriers
Knowledge of proper packing methods; able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements
Able to move materials to and from trucks as well as on the shipping dock with a hand truck
Able to work under pressure and meet flexible and changing priorities
Able to work independently or in a team environment
Experience And/or Other Requirements
1-2 years of shipping experience in a manufacturing plant environment
Forklift operator certification or ability to obtain