Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor -Asset Manager
Job Summary: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join our team. We have recently introduced our Audit function in house which is offering our staff an enormous amount of responsibility to shine within this group.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management practices, and operational processes within the organization. Your role will involve assessing financial, operational, and compliance risks, conducting audits, and providing valuable insights to enhance the company's overall performance and adherence to regulatory requirements.
Actively conduct research, identify key controls, and control weaknesses and impact, develop audit steps and substantive testing procedures, prepare audit materials, and coordinate the receipt of audit materials to manage financial (ICOFR), investments, compliance, and operational audits across the business and provide practical recommendations to management.
● Conduct comprehensive audit planning and risk assessment processes to identify and prioritize potential vulnerabilities to develop an appropriate audit plan and allocate resources effectively to address those risks
● Advise and consult with various business leaders on methods to increase efficiency and control effectiveness while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and escalating significant audit issues to senior management while working towards viable solutions. Also, assist in Board reporting efforts.
Risk Assessment: Identify, assess, and prioritize areas of financial, operational, and compliance risk within the organization, including investment processes and portfolio management.
Audit Planning: Develop comprehensive audit plans, including objectives, scope, and methodologies, in alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Audit Execution: Perform internal audits of various departments and functions, focusing on evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls, adherence to policies and procedures, and the accuracy of financial reporting as well as our affilliates.
Testing and Analysis: Conduct detailed testing and analysis of financial statements, investment portfolios, and operational processes to identify control weaknesses and areas for improvement.
Documentation: Maintain accurate and organized audit workpapers, reports, and documentation that meet regulatory and audit standards.
Risk Mitigation: Collaborate with management to develop and implement action plans to mitigate identified risks and improve internal controls and operational efficiency.
Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, such as SEC regulations, AIFMD, or other asset management-specific regulations.
Communication: Prepare clear and concise audit reports and presentations for senior management and the audit committee, highlighting findings, recommendations, and areas for improvement.
Continuous Improvement: Stay up to date with changes in the asset management industry and regulations, and continuously enhance audit processes and methodologies to meet evolving requirements.
Team Collaboration: Mentor and assist junior auditors and foster a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment within the internal audit team.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field. A relevant professional certification, such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), is preferred.
- Minimum of [X] years of experience in internal auditing, preferably in asset management or a related financial services industry.
- In-depth knowledge of asset management operations, investment processes, and financial reporting.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and standards relevant to the asset management industry.
- Proficiency in data analysis and audit software/tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining the highest levels of accuracy and integrity in audit work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and demonstrating leadership.
If you are a dedicated and experienced internal auditor with a strong background in asset management, we invite you to apply for the Senior Internal Auditor position
Join us in contributing to the maintenance of a secure, compliant, and efficient environment for our investment and financial operations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year hybrid schedule- 3x in office 2x home- tuition assistance program and 2 retirement plans
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home