Are you super organized and really into the details? Looking to use your expert accounting skills at a company that values their people?... Check out this opportunity that was created for YOU!
Join an award-winning asset management firm with global expertise and deep local roots and connections.
Due to ongoing growth, they are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team. You’ll be responsible for full accounting cycle from coding through payment ensuring accurate and timely processing.
Asset Management firm is seeking an exceptional candidate to join their firm as a Senior Accountant to assist their growing hedge fund organization. This person will be responsible for working directly with their COO/CFO, their Controller and the rest of our team assisting in accounting for our Hedge Funds. In addition to a background in Fund Accounting, the ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar position for another investment firm or for a third party administrator. The position is located south of Boston.
- Assist controller with daily, weekly, and monthly fund accounting activities
- Liaise with our fund administrator regarding any noted exceptions to reported NAVs and fund reporting
- Review and track counterparty collateral and swap settlements
- Assist controller and CFO with fund cash management activities
- Lead preparation of fund data for market documents, monthly tear sheets and due diligence requests to help ensure timeliness and accuracy of materials
- Assist controller in preparation of monthly tax allocation analysis
- Assist controller with yearend audits, financial statements, and tax preparation
- Maintain appropriate fund books and records for completeness and accuracy
- Coordinate fund documentation requirements for prime brokers, banks, counterparties and executing brokers
- Expectation of strong contribution to projects, new initiatives and new technology implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 3-5 years' experience at a hedge fund, other asset management firm or third-party administrator
- Accounting for Alternative Investment Funds is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with a passion for fund accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg
- Strong communication skills and a personal style conducive to building relationships and teamwork
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast- paced, deadline-driven environment with a proven commitment to turning in consistently high-quality work
- Unquestionable honesty, integrity, and intellectual curiosity