$23 per hour!
The Sales Administrator is responsible for responding to customer inquiries and supporting the day-to-day operations of the sales team. Sales Administrators receive and process sale orders online, or via phone and email. Their duties include checking the accuracy of orders and issuing invoices, maintaining sales records, and compiling monthly sales reports.
- The following list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Greet and assist on the telephone and using e-mail in a positive, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Evaluate customer needs and requests and respond timely and in a professional manner.
- Use internal business software to:
- Review job costs and pricing for accuracy and consistency
- Check on order status for sales team and/or customer
- Ensure accuracy of customer order history, shipping information, billing information, contact information
- Work with various company departments including sales, purchasing, warehouse, installation, service, and accounting to complete any sales process.
- Update and maintain data in ERP System and on shared Excel spreadsheets.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
2. Ability to access and accurately input and manipulate information using a moderately complex computer system.
3. Ability to answer telephone calls, assist caller in a positive and professional manner, and relay messages timely and without error.
4. Proven administrative experience in a busy, high-pressure environment including maintaining electronic and manual files as necessary.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
6. Active listening skills in order to understand and interpret employee and customer requirements.
7. Excellent professional communication skills and appropriate grammar as related to utilizing communication tools including but not limited business correspondence, email, and telephone calls.
8. Ability to efficiently and effectively handle a myriad of duties simultaneously while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
9. Superior organizational and time management skills.
Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Experience: One – three years of experience within a sales administrator, sales operations, and or purchasing agent position.