One of the fastest growing insurance firms in the Boston area is adding a Reinsurance Accountant to their staff.
This is a fantastic employee friendly firm that is adding to staff. This role is open due to growth- the company has a great hybrid schedule- 2x a week in the office 3x at home. hours can be flexible- 8-4 /8:30-4:30 etc. - excellent benefits and a competitive salary depending on experience. This is such a great place to learn with an excellent manager.
The reinsurance company is looking to hire a Senior Reinsurance Accountant to their team. They are in the office on a hybrid schedule, so are seeking locally based candidates only.
The Senior Reinsurance Accountant will be an integral contributor to the Assumed Reinsurance Accounting team. Responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual finance close and financial reporting processes for reinsurance business, including program-specific ceded reinsurance placements.
- Processing assumed accounting as statements are received from brokers and ceding companies
- Applying cash timely and accurately within the sub-ledger
- Analyzing root cause of any discrepancies and communicating them to various teams – Underwriting, Claims, Facultative, Accounting
- Monitoring missing accounts and aged balances
- Performing underwriting quality control that affects financial reporting
- Assisting in completing and reviewing quarterly closing, and inter-company reconciliation
- Analyzing accruals/estimates and assumed collateral requirements
- Working with IT on automation, reporting enhancements, and various initiatives
- Accounting/Finance Degree
- 3+ years Reinsurance accounting or auditing reinsurance companies experience