Our small but growing firm is adding to staff! This is a great role offering “mothers hours”!
We are looking for an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join our busy practice!
You will perform a variety of paralegal duties for assigned attorneys. You will be interact with colleagues in a team setting and uphold the image of the Firm by maintaining positive
contact with clients, attorneys and staff, and observing confidentiality of
THE DAY-TO-DAY: On any given day, you will be working with firm
leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and
- Order and review title commitments, exception documents and surveys, interfacing directly with the title company and surveyor to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Preparation and administration of contract critical dates and closing checklists.
- Preparation of earnest money escrows and coordination of delivery of deposits.
- Coordination and assistance with all aspects of both commercial and residential closings, including preparation of conveyance documents, closing statements, and other closing documents and obtaining transfer tax stamps, zoning certificates, duplicate tax bills, water certifications, condominium letters, certificates of insurance and payoff letters.
- Attending to all post-closing requirements, including preparation of closing indices, the preparation and organization of closing binders, and monitoring all post-closing deliveries or requirements.
- Preparation of clear and concise correspondence and memorandum.
- Preparation of initial draft documents, amendments to agreements or leases and miscellaneous documents, including estoppel certificates, for attorney review.
- Preparation of lease and loan abstracts.
- Review Planning and Zoning Reports.
- Knowledge of formation of entities and review and preparation of organizational and authority documents.
- Perform other duties and complete projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate.
- 5+ years previous experience in commercial real estate transactions, including experience with acquisitions, dispositions, financing, leasing, construction and development, preferably at a
- law firm, although in-house experience will be considered.
- Notary public preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook or similar e-mail/calendar technology.
- Knowledge of relevant databases.
- Strong writing, organizational and communication skills required.
- Extensive knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and legal terminology.
- Excellent legal research skills, including knowledge of electronic databases.