Stop commuting to Boston and work for this great South Shore lawfirm!
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to professionally communicate with clients, work both independently and as part of a team and provide exceptional customer service. This role requires high regard for confidential data, as well as adherence to corporate compliance policy. This role also requires flexibility, attention to detail, strong organizational skills and good judgment. Candidate must be conscientious with respect to work completion, deadlines and time management. Must have superb written and verbal communication skills, experience with customer service, self-management ability, technical aptitude and ability to multitask while under strict deadlines. Must be extremely organized.
Paralegal’s General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate the scheduling of closings with attorneys, agents, sellers, buyers and lenders
- Obtain the sales contract/title order from the lender or agent
- Order documents and information required for closing, such as title examinations, homeowner’s association letters, payoff letters and tax reports, as applicable
- Ensure timely receipt of the required documents
- Review title abstract and notify the attorney of any title defects
- Request documents and monitor for receipt
- Prepare title objection letters
- Prepare title commitments, title binders
- Prepare Settlement Statements and other closing documents
- Balance file, obtain funding and issue checks
- Issue Title Insurance Policies
- Disbursing loan packages
- Sending wire payoffs
- Preparing satisfaction documents
- Recording all government documents
- Provide best-in-class service to our clients
- Must take initiative in the face of obstacles, identify what needs to be done and take action
- Ability to manage and prioritize large caseload
- Must be proficient in software tools, including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Overall good work ethic and willingness to adapt to change
- Have the ability to work in a fast-passed, unpredictable environment.
We offer competitive benefit packages and performance-based bonus compensation. Compensation commensurate with experience.'