With investment expertise across global private markets and insights from our cohesive investment team-Our client has a wealth of content opportunities. This individual will be responsible for developing content in support of business and marketing objectives, managing the content calendar, and leading efforts to develop continually develop new content themes and topics. Much of our content strategy is driven by our investment strategy and this role with also have a complementary focus on product marketing. Product marketing responsibilities including developing product-specific materials (factsheets, offering memorandums, due diligence books, presentations) as well as sales support tools (talking points, letters, and FAQ). It is vital that this role work closely with various functional teams (investment, marketing communications, client relations / sales, operations, and compliance).
Content development and management
- Develop and implement content marketing strategy that translates business and marketing goals into meaningful content deliverables
- Responsible for the development of engaging, high quality content for use across various channels including website, email, and product marketing
- Establish and manage work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, translating, and retiring content
- Oversee the content development process from end to end working with both internal and external content contributors and creative resources
- Coordinate and maintain a forward-looking editorial calendar in collaboration with colleagues focused on corporate communications, product development, investor communications, and client relations
- Lead efforts to continually develop new content themes, topics and formats
- Provide project management for multiple campaigns and programs.
- Providing strategic guidance on effective communications positioning, themes, messages, planning and distribution across multiple digital platforms
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, grammar, and tone of voice
- Understand SEC and other regulatory rules in order to develop materials in compliance with requirements. Support compliance process and guidelines for all materials, maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Develop and execute product marketing and sales support strategies for new product launches. This will include participation in product planning discussions, development and execution of communication plans, and development and production of materials.
- Materials developed for new product launches typically include: fact sheet, presentations, offering memorandum (also known as a private placement memorandum), due diligence materials, due diligence web site, and internal training materials.
- Work closely with investment, operations, sales, and legal teams to define product communications plan
- Develop educational presentations for internal sales support and coordinate training.
- Employ strong project management skills including the ability to independently manage multiple projects, meet deliverable dates, prioritize and organize effectively, and pay close attention to detail.
- Proactively respond to feedback from our sales team, by developing new product marketing collateral, presentations, communications, and tools that meet the needs of sales and will maximize sales and capitalize on business opportunities.
- Specialize in a particular product segment
- Become an expert in a core business line, how it works, how it solves customer problems
- Develop positioning and messaging for business line within context of broader product platform & corporate messages
- Development of product-focused content, sales tools, and sales materials (RFP answers, presentations)
- Develop highly tailored content for presentations, web, factsheets, white papers, RFPs and case studies
- Develop and share market Intelligence - expert on buyers and competition
General marketing communications
- Assist marketing and client communications team in the planning and execution of overall communications strategy.
Coordinate with team members to identify opportunities to promote Our client's expertise, such as web content, emails, and webcasts.
- Partner with global team members to better understand local marketing needs and enhance marketing communications efforts globally.
- Assist with developing and/or editing written communications including presentations, market commentary, white papers, client updates, and ad hoc letters.
- Provide quality and editorial review of standard materials including pitch books, fact sheets, white papers, web sites and all other sales material.
- Stay current with industry practice on marketing communications using knowledge to enhance communication tactics.
- Actively lead or participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, research content, develop and write, clear, concise, and compelling branded copy.
- Help ensure a consistent message and tone with all marketing materials.
The Successful Applicant
Experience developing marketing materials and content within an institutional asset management focus
- Strong working knowledge of marketing communication practices and sales process
- Solid knowledge of financial markets, specifically private equity and debt
- Familiarity with investment concepts and high level of comfort with numbers and analysis
- Proven business writing ability with excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Strong project manager with proven skills in overseeing content projects and multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to write about complex concepts in an clear and compelling style, as well as a demonstrated ability to vary tone and language based on project / audience
- Ability to independently analyze information and solve problems
- Experience giving advice and coming up with strategic communication plans
- Superior teamwork skills and the ability to work across functional teams and all levels of the organization
- High level of initiative
- Extremely detail oriented
- Sense of humor, team player, energetic
- Writing samples required