Payroll Implementation Specialist
Posted 04/03/2023 By Erika Byrnes
Amazing organization seeking Payroll Implementation Specialist
This position will be a key voice and stakeholder integral to documenting & streamlining payroll for 1000+ employees, and integrating a best practice, payroll process into a new managed payroll system: responsible for evaluating and re-engineering the current internal Institution payroll system and processes in order to streamline and facilitate a smooth and effective transition to a new external managed payroll business partner model.
Looking for someone with an in-depth understanding of, and extensive experience in payroll processing and improvement redesign – both in house and external models.
- Integrating and maintaining database of personnel information and accurate payroll records
- Time and attendance systems, biweekly integration to payroll, and ability to trouble shoot and resolve timecard variance as needed
- Ensuring compliance with US federal, state and local tax laws, including remittance of payroll taxes, to include initial set up where applicable
- In depth review and evaluation of all current payroll business processes and systems
- Identify best practices and industry leading improvement recommendations that would streamline work processes and drive increased automation, accuracy and speed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, with direct experience in the payroll field with at least 7-10 years’ experience.
- Certification in the payroll field: American Payroll Association (APA) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Working knowledge of payroll management software for 1000+ employees