Up to $90K plus bonus!
Looking for a HYBRID payroll position- 10x a month in the office within a fantastic firm???
We are looking for a Payroll Associate to report to the Payroll Manager within our Finance Department.
This is a supporting but highly impactful position of the payroll function for a Boston-based employee workforce and a small set of geographically dispersed employees Mexico and Canada- The Associate will be responsible for day to day administration, partnering with the Manager and team for all regular and unique pay cycles through completion of related tax and reporting requirements.
As a member of the Payroll team, this individual will partner with our Finance and HR teams and provide ancillary support and assist with special projects.
The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong knowledge of U.S. payroll processes, multi-state knowledge, general benefits knowledge, focused and proven attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task, absolute discretion and strong collaboration and communication skills.
Experience with Ultipro and Workday preferred
- Prepare bi-weekly and monthly payroll cycles, monitor time cards, special compensation amounts, and bonus payrolls
- Ensure administration of payroll transactions are timely and in accordance with all applicable State/Federal laws and IRS regulations
- Administering full scope payroll processing including review of information to be entered, input of payroll transactions, auditing of earnings, taxes, and deductions and providing payroll reporting to Finance and other colleagues regarding payroll reporting.
- Handling federal, state and local tax compliance including performing routine tax reconciliations and processing filings; verifying all regulatory filings produced by vendors such as W-2s and 941s are accurate, resolve any tax discrepancies or questions.
- Properly account for benefit transactions, miscellaneous, wage garnishment and retirement deductions withheld from employees’ bi-weekly and monthly paychecks
- Assist with the preparation and audit of payroll transactions such as, but not limited to, wage garnishments, tax withholding information, deductions, pay calculations, retroactive transactions, and reimbursements prior to processing each payroll cycle
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to ensure the processing of new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions are reflected accurately and timely within the Workday system
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between Payroll, Human Resources, other Departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of relevant employee data for regulatory or ad hoc reporting
- Serve as a key employee contact to resolve payroll issues
- Assist with quality review, data analysis, ensuring accuracy between systems (Workday to ADP, Workday to other)
- Track employee questions and maintain FAQ for employee reference
- Complete and process Verification of Employment requests
- Prepare and post payroll journal entries into our accounting system
- Prepare analytics of compensation expenses as compared to budget; prepare projected compensation, benefits and employer tax expenses through end of year
- Assist with our HRIS system (Workday) automation and other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of experience handling all aspects of payroll administration in a complex organization, preferably within financial services or another professional services industry
- Previous experience with multiple payroll vendors and assisting with system implementations and upgrades is a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize
- High level of proficiency in auditing, reconciliation and controls
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to maintain the confidentially of employee payroll and benefits data
- Able to work closely and effectively with a diverse employee population