Do you love helping people every single day? Are you passionate about providing outstanding and high-quality service to patients and their family members?
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, excel at multi-tasking and are ready to seek the exciting and important responsibilities of a Patient Access Representative, please consider this great opportunity and apply.
As a Patient Access Representative, you are the face and can make a difference for our patients. You will be responsible for registering patients presenting to the medical center for treatment. Your priority is to deliver high quality and effective service to our patients and their family members.
What will you be doing in this role? The Patient Access Rep performs all admissions activities for pre-admit and face-to-face registration of patients presenting to the Main Admissions and/or outpatient areas for treatment. Facilitates patient access and secures all demographic and financial patient registration information. This will include the following: Registration, Preregistration, insurance verification, Third Party Liability (TPL) screening, Medicare eligibility verification, Workers Compensation eligibility, and securing cash deposits (co-pays, deductibles, cash packages). Able to explain information and answer questions. Demonstrates competency skills including the ability to perform job duties and interact with customers with sensitivity and attention to the patient population(s) served.
- High School or GED required.
- 2 years college preferred.
- One year of customer service experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Two years of experience in healthcare, insurance or related experience preferred.
- Previous work experience in an inpatient or outpatient admissions setting or physician's office, preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in patient accounting or with an insurance payor preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
PC literacy: Basic core computer skills and navigation skills. General knowledge of office equipment. Bi-lingual preferred/helpful.
Shift Type: Overnight
Shift Length: 8 hours