The Human Resources Director will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and performance of human resource functions in accordance with federal, state, and local employment regulations. The Human Resources Director will report to the Chief Executives Officer, and work with other internal leadership staff for the purpose of structuring, planning and directing human resource services, implementing strategies, supporting recruitment and hiring efforts, and participating in complex employment matters.
- The HR Director should be a highly effective communicator able to develop cross-campus relationships and build trust with all employees
- Support department heads and other managers with employee relations concerns. Take a pro-active approach to ensure managers are properly supporting their teams.
- Serve as a critical resource advising managers how to better communicate with their teams, support the development of key team members, address underperforming employees, resolve conflict, communicate expectations, and ensure team goals are being accomplished.
- The HR Director will keep the mission of the organization at the forefront and promote and lead for equity across our organization
- Serves as the liaison for staff members regarding their pay, benefits, insurance, or PTO and to provide counsel to staff regarding how to handle concerns or complaints
- The HR Director will act with the highest ethical standards at all times, including keeping confidentiality
- Supports all managers (including the Executive Director and principals) in the entire performance management process
- Manages employee life cycle to include: hiring, onboarding, performance management, maintaining employee files, off boarding
- Organizes and/or presents staff training for topics such as: workplace safety, harassment, microaggressions, and child abuse reporting