A fun, fast growing HR team in Boston is looking for a Business Partner to focus on labor relations.
This role offers a hybrid work schedule, amazing benefits, and compensation package as well as company perks!
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Handles labor relations and human resource inquiries related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements; refers complex matters to appropriate management staff.
- Acts as a key business partner and leader to the operational and maintenance organizations.
- Draft proposals and generate creative solutions to complex problems/issues as identified by either management or the union.
- Uses key metrics to drive project focus and process improvement within the mill operations.
- Serves as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee complaints and grievances.
- Conducts interviews and gathers information for employee relations matters such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other concerns; informs HR Manager when additional investigation is required.
- Participates in and provides input into key Talent decisions.
- Partners with VP-Labor Relations and HR Manager to conduct surveys, interviews, data collection, and other research related to human resource policies, compensation, and labor negotiations.
- Assists with preparation of plans, policies, and documents, affirmative action plans, contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Labor Relations, Business, Accounting, or related field required.
- At least five (5) years of professional human resources business partner experience with exposure to all aspects of HR such as performance and talent management, organizational design, compensation, and benefits.
- Analytical skills and ability use metrics to drive decision making.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence leaders.