The Director, Project Management is responsible to project manage and document the operational set-up and execution of various projects including; new structures for commingled funds, custom accounts, and operating affiliates. Will be responsible for building documents of standard templates, checklists, capture operational teams’ initial and ongoing obligations to drive consistency and best practices across unique projects. Will be accountable for ensuring the success of the initiative and works closely with business leads and key stakeholders to ensure objectives and outcomes are clearly defined and delivered as expected.
Job Skills and Abilities
- Experience taking operations initiatives from conception to implementation and control, coordinating with others to manage all aspects of solution delivery including; scope definition, needs assessment, resource planning, status reporting, and risk management.
- Must possess a can-do attitude and willingness to step into areas outside of core expertise to support stakeholders to ensure initiatives are completed on time and in accordance with the defined scope.
- Ability to hold self and others to agreed-upon timetables and appropriately escalate areas of risk.
- Excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to all functional groups.
- Able to develop relevant and effective content to progress initiatives including playbooks of lessons learned and executive level presentations.
- Expert analytical skills, flexibility, ability to plan and organize, responsiveness, creativity.
- Experience utilizing a structured project management tools and approaches.
- Knowledge and experience in high performance environments. Demonstrated ability to perform in demanding multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to manage independently in a dynamic environment with rapid development cycles, multifunctional teams and tight timeframes.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of my client’s operational teams, internal systems and private equity fund structures.
- Develop project execution plans specifying tasks, dependencies, resources, timing, risks, issues, and mitigation plans.
- Drive standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Build documents of standard templates, checklists, capture operational teams’ initial and ongoing obligations to drive consistency and best practices across the firm.
- Prepare project status reports for executive team updates to ensure the team and firm leadership are informed and driving timely decision making.
- Actively manage scope and coordinate decision processes.
- Ensure that all target deadlines, internal as well as external, are met.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within daily activities and work across teams to craft solutions and implement improved ways of working.
- BS/BA or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience within the investment space with focus on operations and fund operations