Contract Loss Mitigation Analyst
Posted 08/11/2021 By Katie OConnell
A company voted best to work for on the south shore is looking for a senior loss mitigation specialist to join them!
Banking industry required!
- Contact a segment of past due borrowers to gather information and discuss their intent and ability to avoid default.
- Educates the borrower regarding bank/investor available alternatives to foreclosure.
- Identifies borrower's needs and determines appropriate recommendations for resolution.
- Update borrower's information in the bank's systems.
- Submit payments for processing to the Loan Servicing Department.
- Work with customers in conjunction with Loan Servicing Department to resolve payment disputes.
- Act as liaison with borrowers on assigned accounts from initial contact to finalization.
- Provide borrower with information about: loss mitigation options available, actions borrower must take to be evaluated for loss mitigation options, status of any loss mitigation application, circumstances under which servicer may take to refer a loan for foreclosure and any applicable loss mitigation deadlines.
- Provide borrower with information about submission of notice of error or any documentation request. Keep abreast of updates or changes to servicing guidelines (FHA, FHLMC and Fannie Mae). Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND TRAINING
- Extensive knowledgeable in Loss Mitigation practices Well rounded knowledge of foreclosures and bankruptcies Well rounded knowledge of FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac servicing/loss mitigation guidelines Analytical and computer skills with proven ability to convert large amounts of data into meaningful recommendations. Practical application of Microsoft Office Effective oral and written communications skills Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when dealing with emotional/distressed borrowers
Associate Degree in Business Administration or comparable work experience
5 or more years’ experience in Loss Mitigation