Contract Human Resources Generalist
Posted 04/28/2022 By Courtney Stone
Come be a part of an incredible mission! Our client is an amazing non-profit on the South Shore and they are in need of a contract HR Generalist!
HR Generalists are the “face of HR” for employees and management. They provide HR services related to labor and employee relations, compensation, and recruiting. They interface with HR Programs on the delivery of standard, consistent HR processes and talent activities for individual employees and managers.
- “Face of HR” for management and employees
- Employee Advocate and HR Advisor on people related matters
- Culture builder
- Handle employee relations and discipline matters
- Complete HR activities for individual employees by location (job changes, comp changes hiring, terms, investigations, etc.)
- Facilitate and advise on all programmatic HR activities (goal setting, performance reviews, talent planning, salary planning, etc.)
- Execute on HR priorities and/or initiatives for their group
- Manage recruiting process
- Perform day-to-day HR activities: routine employee relations and discipline matters, performance management, compensation/benefits, employee engagement and employee development.
- Complete routine HR activities for individual employees by functional Organization alignment (job changes, comp changes hiring, terms, investigations, etc.)
- Execute functional-level HR priorities and/or initiatives
- Build strong relationships, internally within the HR team, with internal partners, as well as client group key leaders. This includes conducting 1:1s with client group key leaders at the manager/director level.
- Work closely with HR Managers to build and maintain relationships to client group employees.
- Prepare and/or ensure all documentation needed to maintain employee files in the HRIS is completed, such as: department transfers, salary changes, terminations, new hires, etc. Obtains approval from appropriate HRBP and work with HRIS team for processing and reporting.
- Assist with recruiting efforts from identifying the need to filling a position; by working with hiring manager to craft a job description, initiating the posting and partnering with talent acquisition team to fill the role, and potentially being part of the interview panel.
- Assist to ensure a proper onboarding experience for all new hires by working with the new hire directly and coaching the hiring manager.
- Help facilitate personnel announcements for new hires, promotions, and departures
- Run and analyze ad-hoc reports from the HRIS.
- Work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization on sensitive and/or confidential information; create and maintain positive relationships with key internal and external customers.
- Ensure all human resources records and postings meet all Federal, State, and local requirements
- Work with benefit administrator to manage employee disability & leave information, including supporting the interactive process with the employee.
- 2-3 years of Human Resources-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources or a related discipline
- Excellent employee relations, teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate among all departments and levels of the organization
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a change agent for key initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments, with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation and analytical ability
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications
- HRIS experience