Looking to re-enter the workforce? Our client is searching for an Temporary Executive Assistant to support our Senior Level Team.
A temporary executive assistant position within the financial services industry providing administrative support to senior executives and professionals in the field.
Boston- South Station- Monday- Friday in office- 35.00-50.00 per hour depending on Experience
6-month to 1-year contract in this role:
- Calendar Management: Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and events for executives, ensuring they are well-prepared and organized.
- Communication: Manage incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, and messages. Prepare and proofread documents, reports, and presentations.
- Travel Arrangements: Handle travel logistics, including booking flights, accommodations, and transportation, and preparing itineraries for business trips.
- Office Support: Maintain office supplies, manage office equipment, and handle administrative tasks like filing, photocopying, and data entry.
- Expense Management: Assist with expense reporting and reimbursement processes, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Client Interaction: Interact with clients, both internal and external, in a professional and courteous manner, often serving as a point of contact for executive-level communication.
- Project Support: Assist in project management tasks, such as tracking project timelines, coordinating team efforts, and reporting progress to executives.
- Confidentiality: Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and maintain the highest level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Data Analysis: Compile and analyze data, create reports, and assist in decision-making processes by providing relevant information to executives.
- Administrative Skills: Proficiency in office software tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite, email management, and calendar applications.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage schedules, prioritize tasks, and ensure efficiency in daily operations.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for interactions with executives, clients, and team members.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle changing priorities.
- Financial Services Knowledge: A basic understanding of financial services terminology, concepts, and regulations may be beneficial in this role.
- Discretion: Maintain the utmost discretion when handling sensitive information, as financial services often involve confidential data.
- Multitasking: Effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
Looking for someone with heavy calendar management, strong technical skills and expert travel and meeting planning.