Construction Project Manager
Posted 05/15/2019 By Kim Armstrong
This position requires extreme attention to detail and would suit someone with broad experience in construction and project management. You will plan and supervise a wide range or construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Our client values hard work and loyalty, and we strive for excellence in not only how we manage our projects but also how we manage our staff.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, owners, and subcontractors regarding specifications, scheduling, submittals, RFI's, change orders, pay application, schedule of values, etc.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings and documents to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met and monitor compliance through project.
- Oversee the work of subcontractors and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Proven experience 3+ years as a commercial construction project manager or equivalent
- Experience with submittals/RFI's/change orders/subcontract agreements/AIA documents/pay applications and schedule of values required
- High rise experience.
- Must have either office or hotel (not just residential) experience.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material project management principles
- Familiarity with construction industry health and safety standards
- Excellent skills with MS Office/Excel spreadsheets
- Basic accounting principles and financial reporting
- Understanding computer related issues
- Outstanding communication skills
- Team player with leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience in construction industry