Stop commuting to Boston!! Fantastic opportunity with a south shore company looking for a leader in their accounting department!!
We are looking for someone with strong accounting and managerial skills that can jump in and add value to this accounting department and oversee and mentor 4-6 staff members.
- Prepare and maintain reporting systems and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Prepare financial reports for banking and federal tax reporting
- Work closely with auditors
- Manage close; monthly and annually
- Maintain profit & loss, along with financial statements
- Oversee work (account reconciliation journal entries) and manage accounting team (4-6)
- Analyze reports to recommend savings on cost or improvements to generate increased profit margins
- Identify process improvements
- Assist with quarterly estimates and annual budget
- Oversee General Ledger
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding expectations.
- Ability to learn quickly and make an immediate impact.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships.
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to staff.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required
Minimum of 8 years of strong accounting experience.
- Corporate accounting and/or finance experience at a public corporation is required
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Strong computer desktop skills required (MS Excel i.e., Macros, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability