Come join one of the south shores oldest organizations! This outfit has been around for decades serving the people of New England with excellent customer service! This firm offers excellent comp and benefits package.The accounting team of this firm is growing and we are adding an Accounting Assistant to staff. This will be an onsite role with some flexibility when needed.
We are looking for someone with advanced excel skills coupled with 3+ years of accounting experience. This person will be responsible for driving the day to day accounting process for their retail and wholesale divisions.
Drive automation & streamlining of existing accounting procedures with the goal of implementing “best practices”.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Prepare month-end reporting packages for upper management.
- Research and perform analysis of change in general ledger account balances / analysis of month and year-end results for management.
- Develop and maintain financial models that will assist in analyzing performance results and develop insight on trends.
- Develop annual budgets and forecasts.
- Perform miscellaneous ad-hoc research and reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of continuous accounting experience.
- 2-3 years of public accounting preferred
- Strong research and analysis skills with the ability to communicate clearly in both financial and non-financial terms
- Strong understanding of accounting principles/GAAP including principals of revenue recognition and inventory valuation.
- Expert level proficiency with MS Excel utilizing advanced formulas, pivot tables, slicers, macros/VBA, charting
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains or Business Central preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Must have problem solving and decision-making abilities, including the ability to identify trends and relationships within accounting data
- Must be highly motivated individual with high level of initiative and an attitude of willingness
- Must be team player willing to assist others at all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work autonomously or with a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively on a one-on-one basis or in group setting
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times and exercise strict confidentiality