Successful candidates must have strong analytical and computer skills, be well organized, have excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills, be a team player, can multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision.
A successful senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with a team of accountants as well as staff in other departments.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Assist in developing business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Be the lead on assigned projects
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare financial statements including actual to budget data analysis
- Assist with third party revenue calculations and analysis
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Coordinate and assist in annual external audit as well as other compliance reporting
- Assist in developing annual budget
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Provide accounting related support to program’s management team
- Liaise with the controller and accountants to meet established deadlines
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a financial accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Advanced MS Excel skills including lookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Accounting, CPA preferred