Security Administrator up to 85k – Financial District, Boston!
Our client is seeking a Security Administrator who will be responsible for administering the firm’s security solutions. This position is critical in safeguarding the security of the firm’s networks varying from internal or external risks and incidents. The role will oversee the completion of procedures to secure both company and client data. He/she will also maintain systems aimed toward preventing malware infections of company computer hardware.
Additional duties include:
- Support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.;
- Implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards;
- Ensure compliance to security standards and policy; Provide technical security advice for fellow employees.
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or information technology discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of related experience in a technical field (such as technical support or system/network administration).
- Basic knowledge of L4-L7 protocols such as SSL, HTTP,DNS,SMTP and IPSec.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching.
- Basic understanding of firewall technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of VPNs and remote access.
- Intermediate to expert virus protection and content filtering knowledge.
- Experience with network and web application vulnerability scanning tools.
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Security policy knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of incident investigations processes and reporting.
- Security+ or SSCP certification is a plus.