Attention Network Security Engineers or Network Engineers that are interested in Security
One of our favorite clients in the Boston area is searching for a new Network Security Engineer.
This client offers a tremendous opportunity to learn and they encourage their employees to utilize the additional training that they offer to their staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Network Security Engineer will play a significant role in determining future network security related direction. This includes platform strategy and providing for holistic network visibility to inform security related response actions. Additionally, they will take a leadership role in establishing operational processes and procedures that improve the efficiency and performance of the overall network firewall infrastructure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions*):
- Perform security analysis and design, develop, and implement security solutions for both cloud and on-premise infrastructures
- Research, recommend, implement, and support network security infrastructure solutions that support the mission of enabling teaching, learning, and research
- Perform traffic capture and traffic analysis activities across a significant and complex network
- Perform network security assessments as requested by various teams within the organization.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and engineering resource for security remediation projects, incident response activities, and forensics information gathering
- Execute internal and external network firewall, host-based firewalls and ACL service requests
- Provide customer consultation as needed for new and existing firewalls/ACLs and works with customer to maintain compliance as network changes and migrations occur
- Conduct firewall and ACL incident troubleshooting utilizing network traffic flow analysis to identify routing issues across multiple network devices
- Establish and maintain operational processes and procedures that improve efficiencies and performance of the Network Security Firewall and UTM infrastructure (70+ FWs). Ensure that all appropriate devices are being monitoring, inventoried, receiving updates, licensed and life cycled.
- Establish standards for firewall maintenance activities for all engineers to follow so that a consistent operating environment is maintained
- Provide infrastructure operational security support for Infrastructure Technology Services which includes accurate identification, documentation, and testing of security controls for system assessment
- Work with all the Infrastructure teams to ensure that comprehensive monitoring (availability, performance, capacity utilization, etc) of all network security environments is in place
- Ensure that adequate documentation exists and is maintained for all core network security systems and actively share knowledge with the team and the broader IT Infrastructure organization
- A degree in information security assurance, computer science, computer information systems or mathematics and/or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience in designing networks or systems for high availability, security, manageability, and reliability
- Two to Five years of progressive experience in Information Security
- Technical knowledge of systems security infrastructure, such as IDS, IPS, DLP, proxy servers, tap, and/or logging/SIEM solutions
- Strong consulting skills and ability to work with other teams to find common solutions or coordinate cross-discipline activities
- Proven experience in Network Infrastructure Security
- Demonstrated experience with Information Security Incident response processes
- Familiar with DevOps and/or DevSecOps methodologies
- Knowledge of CheckPoint or other related enterprise firewall technologies.
- Security-related certification – CISSP, CTIA, OSCP, GPEN, CEH a plus.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies, technology trends and their applicability in a professional setting
They are targeting the 110-115k range plus bonus- Monday- Friday