ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW CONTRACT JOB AS A MEDICAL RADIOLOGY SCHEDULER???
GAIN MORE EXPERIENCE-ADDTO YOUR RESUME
What Employees have to say about this firm??
“Family-like dynamic… very comforting”
“Everyone really cares about the patients”
“Very well run. Coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful”
INTERESTED? APPLY TODAY!
Medical Radiology Scheduler
8-week Temporary Position
Help improve the health and well-being of patients while working in a fun and energetic environment that “feels like a big family”. As the temporary Radiology Scheduler, you’ll be responsible for receiving/making calls to and from internal and external customers. Schedule, reschedule and confirm patient appointments for a variety of Radiological exams in a computerized system.
- Schedules and confirms appointments for a variety of exams using a computerized system.
- Receives calls through phone queue and also makes outgoing calls to patients
- Monitors and fills in schedule with add-ons throughout the day.
- Initiates protocol process by either transferring patient to Assessment Coordinator, or scheduling “Assessment” exams at time of appointment for MRI, CT, and Biopsy patients.
- Ensures that patient demographic and insurance data is complete and accurate (e.g. Patient contact phone numbers, Insurance carrier and ID#).
- Key in location code to generate worklist.
- Provides patients with complete instructions including; any preps required, location, date and time of exam.
- Create duplicates list as needed.
- Communicates with imaging centers regarding cases and special needs of patients.
- Seeks assistance from scheduling notes, scheduling coordinator and supervisor as needed. Communicates to Scheduling Coordinator potential problems to receive direction on how to resolve situation(s)
- Attaches orders that have been faxed to the appropriate file
- Schedules Blocks and releases blocks as assigned
- Reviews orders to ensure all ordered exams are scheduled or are being scheduled
- Call patients when orders indicate we are to contact
- Participates in Training /Orienting/Mentoring new employees as requested by scheduling coordinator
- Participate in meetings. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Strong Communication – both written and verbal
- Demonstrates “World Class Customer Service”
- Demonstrates a pleasant disposition, positive attitude, and possess the ability to maintain a cordial and professional approach during periods of stress.
- Fosters and reinforces team-based results.
- Anticipates and adapts to change (e.g. policy changes, operational/procedures, insurance changes, protocol changes) in a positive manner.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks with short time-lines, prioritize and organize work and complete scheduling in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working knowledge of managed care, Medicare, AHCCCS, Workers’ Compensation, Indemnity and other third-party payors.
- Ability to accurately type 35 to 40 WPM
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, tactfully, and diplomatically with patients, families, referring physician’s staff, and internal customers.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-3 Years Scheduling
- Radiology/Medical Industry, MA or Back Office experience or related Certification a plus