Investment Marketing Communications Manager, up to $160,000!
Primary Purpose Of The Position
The senior investment writer is pivotal to this enterprise by generating actionable insights that help to distill and amplify ideas on behalf of a wide variety of strategies and in support of myriad business objectives across the globe. Capabilities must include experience in technical writing, demonstrated understanding of financial concepts, and a solid understanding of asset class attributes. The incumbent will work with professionals in Investments, the Product group, Marketing, Sales, and Investment Editorial to achieve best-in-class content outputs that feature the benefits of the approach to investing
Responsible for creating regular investment reports for individual, advisor, and institutional clients on equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies and providing significant insight into portfolio management decisions. Content will reinforce the client’s investment decision to choose by reflecting investment management’s voice and underscoring the importance of the company’s approach to investing. Main outputs include high volumes of customized branded formats.
The Following Capabilities Are Required
- A close working relationship with investment managers and other investment staff to stay abreast of market developments and portfolio changes in real time for assigned strategies.
- An understanding of portfolio performance attribution, positioning, and strategic purchases and sales for assigned strategies.
- Ability to deliver a high volume of reports under strict deadlines, balancing the need for speed and efficiency with quality analysis and crisp writing that enhances brand.
Marketing Collateral and Thought Leadership
Responsible for creating asset class- and strategy-specific prospecting and marketing collateral about investment approach, capabilities, and perspectives. Materials are intended to achieve increased awareness across client base and provide audiences with the intellectual tools they need to generate desired outcomes on their behalf or on behalf of their clients.
- Thematic investment content that examines market dynamics within strategies and reflects the voice of Investment Management.
- Investment content that supports end user tools intended to help individuals, advisors, and institutions.
- Perspectives that illustrate the differentiated and customized investment approach our investment staff deliver.
- Templated investment materials that marketing, sales, and other client-facing associates can deploy to support new lines of business.
The Following Capabilities Are Required
- Broad strategy expertise necessary to produce collateral supporting marketing and sales.
- Investment marketing communications skills to clearly identify main messages, client benefits, and competitive differentiation.
- Ability to leverage internal research and distill voluminous materials in order to present the most salient and relevant information to help clients and prospects make informed decisions.
- Versatile and sophisticated writing and interviewing skills to create content for range of formats, including marketing brochures, manager perspectives, Web content, placed articles, podcasts, and video segments.
Responsible for creating capital markets insights on a regular basis for internal stakeholders and external clients. Such commentary should help audiences understand economic and market conditions and perspective on developments. Materials are needed regarding monetary policies, as well as government regulatory and policy developments on issues such as taxes and trade insofar as these developments impact asset management decisions and lend themselves to perspectives.
- College degree and four years of related work experience, preferably writing/editing for asset manager or other financial services company
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Mastery of fundamental fixed income, equity, and asset allocation concepts
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex investment ideas
- Ability to perform basic quantitative analysis
- Ability to write about capital markets topics
- Experience developing content for different mediums, including digital, print, video, and audio
- Effective working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Capable of building strong relationships with subject matter experts, legal resources, marketing, and sales