This is not your typical Human Resource Business Partner role and this is not your typical company!! This is a US startup with a global presence on a serious growth path.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coaches managers and helps them to be effective leaders and great coaches for their employees
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Provides insight to management to assess issues/potential risks and recommends actions to reach balanced solutions. Challenges others to question assumptions and think through problems.
- Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause issues
- Monitors the “pulse” of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+years’ experience in a similar role
- Functional knowledge of full range of people practices in a business setting: recruitment, goal setting, performance assessment and improvement, compensation practices, benefits, employee engagement, etc.
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Skilled at coaching and developing others, particularly managers
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting/exceeding expectations
- Experience in a startup environment
- Ability to attract talent
- Great sense of humor and out-of-the box thinking a must!