Product Marketing is an expert on that product's technology, benefits, usage and upcoming feature roadmap. Every other team in the company depends on Product Marketing to understand how the product is changing and how to best communicate those changes to do their respective roles. The Director of Product Marketing maintains a close working relationship with Sales, Product Management, Customer Support, Professional Services, and Marketing.
- Monitor and maintain expertise in product usage and capabilities.
- Plan and manage launch of all major new product development from release to adoption, including target audience, messaging, sales pitch, product training, marketing collateral.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Enablement and Customer Success to deliver supporting materials that advance the sales process and improve customer retention.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to create and maintain a product presence in core value proposition and across all marketing channels, including print, digital and events.
- Test and analyze effectiveness of internal and external product related communications. Communicate results and optimize future programs.
- Provide strategic market insight by tracking industry technology trends, understanding competitive featuresets, and collecting/analyzing customer/prospect insights that would impact product development.
- Presenting to audiences both internal and external regarding product technology and capabilities.
The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter marketing professional who enjoys being at the nexus of Product/Engineering and Go-To-Market teams. He/She will have excellent communication skills and be able to lead multiple initiatives among teams while meeting tight release deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and charismatic presence for public speaking
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product or technical marketing
- Strong organizational ability, strong attention to detail
- GSD Gene: an innate bias towards Getting Stuff Done.
- Wattage: the raw intellectual horsepower to learn quickly and figure out whatever challenges the startup environment throws at you.
- Good fit with our culture of humor and mutual respect
- Ability to travel